During Jr. High, CASP reinforces the abilities and processes acquired by the students in elementary school. In this level, emphasis is placed on perfecting the correct use of language, comprehension abilities, mathematical thinking, use of technology and art appreciation helping them become proactive citizens.
Junior High Graduate Profile
At the end of the Junior High School education level at the Alfonsino School, the student will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in his/her mother tongue and in the second languages, with respect and security, in different contexts and with multiple purposes and interlocutors.
- Solve problems and model situations using mathematical thinking.
- Utilize models to represent natural and social phenomena, once he/she has consulted a variety of sources to answer complex questions.
- Promote the care of ecosystems and solutions that involve the use of natural resources with responsibility and rationality.
- Be responsible for his/her welfare and that of others. Design his/her life project.
- Appreciate and manifest through different artistic and cultural expressions.
- Protect his/her health by identifying the benefits of caring for his/her body. Have a balanced diet and practice physical activity regularly.
- Apply computational concepts and thinking strategies to process data and create solutions to real world problems.
- Apply financial concepts in business creation processes or innovative products.
- Build a hierarchy of values based on the rules of the common good.
- Assume his/her responsibilities and the consequences of his/her actions.
Jr. High Curricular Classes
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
Jr. High Cocurricular Classes
- Physical Education